A List of things I hope to do in my lifetime. I first published this list in 2008. Occasionally I go back to it to add a new goal, or mark something as accomplished. Both actions are terribly satisfying.
Write and publish a book.
2. Take a roadtrip across the US in a camper.
3. Live in Italy for a year.
4. Drink mint tea in Morocco
5. Speak fluent French
6. Learn to dance
Grow a garden8. Hanglide.
9. Build my own studio/barn on our land.
10. Learn to surf.
11. Take a photography class.
12. Write regularly for a magazine.
13. Buy a potters wheel & kiln and throw pots in the garage.
14. Teach creative writing.
15. Complete a sport triathlon.
16. Own a tiny apartment in a big city to sneak away to.
18. Learn to kayak & join a boating club.
20. Take a trip to India.
21. Learn to sail & spend a year homeschooling/sailing with our kid(s).
22. Travel somewhere every year.
23. Grow a rose garden.
25. See the northern lights.
26. Go on a multi-day biking trip with just my guy (again.)
Ski Snowboard black diamonds.
28. Go camping every summer.
29. See the monarch migration in Mexico.
30. Visit Prague
31. Keep bees.
32. Build Bean a tree house.
33. Host a dinner party.
Find more close friends nearby.
35. Own horses.
Attend Speak at TED.
37. Meet Isabell Illende & Barbara Kingsolver.
38. Spend a winter in New Zealand
39. Make small + smart investments.
40. Lend money using Kiva.org
41. Lead life-changing creative spirit workshops.
42. Live on the ocean
43. Meet Ira Glass
44. Live in a house with painted white floors
45. Live in Paris
46. Visit the Galapagos
* Inspired by Mighty Girl I’ve always sort of kept a list like this, tucked into the back of a notebook. A life list. Things that keep you true to the heat at the core of who you are.
What’s on you’r list?