A Field Guide To Now: Notes On Mindfulness and Life In the Present Tense was published in the autumn in 2012 by Globe Pequot Press.
A Field Guide To Now is about the art of living intentionally, and an exploration of what lean in to thick of the moment as an creative.
CLICK HERE to hear me read one of my favorite chapters.
I hope you’ll pick up a copy. It’s the kind of book you’re supposed to hold in your hands. Dog-ear. Mark up. Return to again and again. It’s sort of a survival guide, and also sort of an adventure guide arranged in 26 short illustrated essays, with field notes and creative prompts.
” An ode to the pleasures and sweet bondage of motherhood, a gift basket of drawings, musings, definitions and advice from the grassy hillside of a New England farmouse. A labor of love, in love’s coat of many colors; an offering to the God of the search for a valuable life.”
–Pam Houston, author of Contents May Have Shifted
“A personal and conversational guide to faith and timing.”
–Sabina Ward Harrison, author of Spilling Open
Who this book is for:
• Artists + writers—and anyone interested in creative process
• Creative souls + adventurous wanders (and anyone who has felt the simultaneous tug of wanderlust, and the desire to put down roots and claim a place as home)
• Mamas (and daddys) trying to balance nurturing little ones with self care
• Anyone longing discover or reclaim their creative pulse (amidst the overwhelm, distractions and responsibilities of daily life)
• Anyone with the inklings of dream or creative project or bold undertaking